“The ‘E’ Awards Committee was very impressed with the Fairfax Christian School’s dedication to providing quality education to students from around the world. The school’s adaptation of its curriculum to accommodate non–English speakers was also particularly notable.”
— US Secretary of Commerce, Penny Pritzker
The Fairfax Christian School welcomes international students from across the globe. We accepted our first international student in 1963. In the 1970s, we added our English as a Second Language (ESL) program. In the 1980s, we began taking students into our homestay boarding program. The Fairfax Christian School is the premier school for international students studying in the Washington, D.C., area. We accept students from Washington–based embassies and consulates, IMF, World Bank, international organizations and businesses with employees in the Washington, D.C., area, and F–1 visa students.
The Fairfax Christian School is the first K–12 school to receive the Presidential E–Award from the US Department of Commerce for our work with the international community. Our university–prep English as a Second Language (ESL) program prepares students for success in top universities in the United States and around the world.
Located in the safe Virginia suburbs, near Washington–Dulles International Airport, the Fairfax Christian School's new campus provides students exceptional facilities in a tranquil environment. International students live with a local host family, or with friends or family members in the Washington, D.C., area.
The Fairfax Christian School is authorized to enroll international students who have received their F–1 US student visa by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). International students may apply year-around.
- Rolling admissions
- English as a Second Language program
- No TOEFL score needed
- Form I–20 issues upon acceptance
- International F–1 transfer students currently enrolled in other US school accepted
- 12th grade and Year 13 students accepted
- Short term stays available
Why Choose the Fairfax Christian School?
- Over 50 years of experience working with international students and preparing them for top universities.
- University–prep English as a Second Language (ESL) program includes multiple levels of: ESL Reading with Phonics, ESL Grammar & Writing, ESL Speech, ESL History, ESL Science, United States Culture, Foundations in Western Civilization and TOEFL Prep.
- 21 Advanced Placement Classes and Dual Enrollment for university credit
- Exceptional athletic, music, theater and arts programs.
- Washington, D.C., is the capital of the United States. It is also a center for technology, international business, art and tourism.
- Northern Virginia is wealthiest region in the United States. Students live in affluent homes with access to beautiful parks, top museums, superb restaurants, and luxury shopping.