- Founded in 1961
- Award–winning, independent, university–preparatory school serving kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Jo Thoburn, President and CEO
- Located 18 miles west of Washington, DC, near Washington–Dulles International Airport.
- Serving students who live throughout Northern Virginia, in Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Arlington and Alexandria; as well as Washington, D.C., and Montgomery County, Maryland.
- New 50,000 square foot, state–of–the–art campus opening on fifteen acres in Dulles, Virginia.
- Large, light–filled classrooms, including science labs, computer labs, art studio and music studio.
- Spacious library for thousands of books and a comfortable, interactive learning experience.
- Performance hall with flexible space that seats up to 400 people.
- Sports facilities including a large gymnasium, locker rooms, playground, athletic fields and golf practice area.
- Over five acres of undisturbed park–like land, including a tranquil babbling brook.
- To–Your–Door Bus Service is available to most of Northern Virginia. Shuttle bus stops are also available.
- Lower School – Kindergarten through 4th Grade
- Middle School – 5th Grade through 8th Grade
- High School – 9th Grade through 12th Grade
- Growing to 400 students on our new Dulles Campus.
- Kindergarten through 12th grade, year 13, coed
- Must be age 5 by December 31 for kindergarten enrollment.
- 7:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Currently 44 faculty members - expanding to 60 faculty members
- Teachers are required to have postgraduate studies.
- World Languages offered: French, Spanish, German, Mandarin, and Latin.
- Advanced Math program includes BC Calculus and Linear Algebra.
- University–Prep English as a Second Language program.
- 21 AP® Classes
- Advanced High School Diplomas in STEM; Business & Economics; and, Arts & Letters.
- Class of 2018 university acceptances include: American University, Arizona State University, Augsburg University, Boston University, California Institute of the Arts, California State University, Drew University, Fordham University, George Mason University, Maryland Institute College of Art, Miami University, Michigan State University, Ohio State University, Otis College of Art and Design, Pennsylvania State University, Pepperdine University, Purdue University, Rutgers University , San Diego State University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Seton Hall University, Syracuse University, University of Binghamton, University of California - Davis, University of California - Irvine, University of California - Santa Barbara, University of California - Santa Cruz, University of Connecticut, University of Delaware, University of Florida, University of Houston, University of Illinois, University of Iowa, University of Maryland, University of Pittsburg, University of South Carolina, University of Vermont, University of Washington, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia Tech.
The Fairfax Christian School is an independent, university–prep school. Students and parents are not required to be Christian. All classes are taught from a Christian worldview. Approximately one–third of our families are not from a Christian background and choose our school for the academics.
Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Break, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter Break (week before Easter), Easter Monday (day after Easter) and Memorial Day